turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I moved in 2019 to Florida and I had direct deposit for my retirement and SS accounts and never changed my address. What do I do

I moved in 2019 to Florida and I had direct deposit for my retirement and SS accounts and never changed my address. What can I do . I have corrected that problem recently.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

I moved in 2019 to Florida and I had direct deposit for my retirement and SS accounts and never changed my address. What do I do

This should not be a problem as long as you still have the same accounts.  It doesn’t matter what state they are in.

You should change your residence to Florida in My Info, or Personal Info.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you not receive your 1099-R and SSA-1099 forms?   Were state taxes withheld for the "old" state?

Yes, They sent the 1099's to my NY address and my daughter sent them to me in Florida.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

So far, I don't see a problem. As SweetieJean asked, were taxes withheld for New York? Otherwise, what is your concern?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies