turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trbolary

MY 1099-R from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service has a "Payer's Federal Identification number" of "34-Q727612". Turbo Tax insists no alpha characters may be used

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jessewm

MY 1099-R from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service has a "Payer's Federal Identification number" of "34-Q727612". Turbo Tax insists no alpha characters may be used

I have a 1099-R from the same agency; the Q is a misprint, it should be a 0.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
trbolary

This is probably the EIN used for all military retirement pay 1099-R forms.
jessewm

I have a 1099-R from the same agency; the Q is a misprint, it should be a 0.

cmchiker

So typical of the government.  I have a 2020 1099-R from one of my clients and the EIN is wrong again this year.  Looks like they corrected the problem last year but this year they left off the 2 on the end.  Yes, the number printed this year is 34-072761 (only 8 digits).  I'm assuming the correct number is 34-0727612??

cmchiker

Ok, they have corrected it already....client gave me a Corrected 1099R with the correct number 34-0727612.

Another misprint is out there where they drop the 2 at the end. Turbotax will add a 0 for you since there are not enough characters and your ein will be wrong and get rejected. Hope this helps someone else, took a bit to figure it out. Semper Fortis!

I figured it out by random chance. Thanks your response was correct. Ken

i'm having the same issues... Turbotax requires a W2.... the navy / VA only hands out 1099s... so i plug in the info off that and it works fine.  THIS year the EIN/payers identification number..  i've been using won't work or be accepted after i file.

really irritating.

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Change the Q to 0 to see if it works.

@richsail12

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies