Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't enter a 1099-LTC in 2023 Turbo Tax and the instructions do not work. Please advise how to enter the 1099-LTC?

I purchased Deluxe Turbo Tax and have Long Term Care reimbursements to enter.  I received the 1099-LTC from the provider, but there is no where to enter this.  It is not a medical reimbursement as it is for Memory Care.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I can't enter a 1099-LTC in 2023 Turbo Tax and the instructions do not work. Please advise how to enter the 1099-LTC?

To enter your information about a Long Term Care contract distribution reported on Form 1099-LTC, try using these steps to get started instead of the 'jump-to' link:

• Go to Income, then scroll to the bottom of the section to find Less Common Income
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C and click Start or Update
  • Scroll down to Long-term care account distributions (Form 1099-LTC) and click Start or Update
  • Then follow step 3 that was referenced in your question to get started

Keep going through the screens until you see one that asks about Long-Term Care costs.  There will be a place to enter a number of days of care, the total cost of the care received, and the reimbursements you received.  The reimbursements would be the amount reported in box 1 of your 1099-LTC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

To enter your information about a Long Term Care contract distribution reported on Form 1099-LTC, try using these steps to get started instead of the 'jump-to' link:

• Go to Income, then scroll to the bottom of the section to find Less Common Income
  • Scroll down to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C and click Start or Update
  • Scroll down to Long-term care account distributions (Form 1099-LTC) and click Start or Update
  • Then follow step 3 that was referenced in your question to get started

Keep going through the screens until you see one that asks about Long-Term Care costs.  There will be a place to enter a number of days of care, the total cost of the care received, and the reimbursements you received.  The reimbursements would be the amount reported in box 1 of your 1099-LTC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!!  You indeed have the right answer and I found where to enter my LTC payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies