You should have received or will receive a Form 1099-R in January for the 2019 withdrawal
To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R
Who sends you the 1099-R for early 401k withdrawal? I checked my Fidelity account and there isn't one listed under my tax documents.
You will have to find out who the plan administrator is for the 401(k) account. Ask your employer or former employer where you had the 401(k).
Still have questions?Make a post