Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a check this entry. it says form 1099R box 9a is not between the prescribed upper and lower limits. box 9a on my form is blank. what does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CalebB

I have a check this entry. it says form 1099R box 9a is not between the prescribed upper and lower limits. box 9a on my form is blank. what does this mean?

Hi jsudberg01 - It sounds like an entry was made in box 9a on form 1099-R. You should return to that screen and remove the entry if it is not on the form 1099-R you received. To do so:

1. Click Tax Tools on the left hand side, then click Tools below it.
  2. On the Tools Center popup, click the Topic Search button
  3. Type "1099-R" in the box, then select 1099-r in the list and click GO
  4. On the Your 1099-R Entries screen, click Edit next to the 1099-R that has the problem (or if you have more than one, and are not sure which one has the problem, go through each one to find it).
  5. Remove the entry from Box 9a.

For what it's worth . . . .

I was able to import a 1099R form in TurboTax deluxe.  I also received a printed copy.  I got the error referenced on this post.  The amount in box 9a in TurboTax was 0.0.  When I checked the printed version, it was blank.  I blanked out the 0.0 on the 1099R and the error was resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies