turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cgstewart

Getting error: The entry 1040/1040 Wks : Charitable contributions has an unacceptable value. I entered 300 and it shows properly in the form . can you help ?

I don't normally comment on forums but I was having this problem and tried this and it worked.

I had to delete my contributions under deductions, continue through till I accepted the standard deduction, continue again, then input the total dollar amount for contributions. After I did that it solved the error and allowed me to file. 

windie

Getting error: The entry 1040/1040 Wks : Charitable contributions has an unacceptable value. I entered 300 and it shows properly in the form . can you help ?

I get the same error today 2-12-22. Where is "Select Review/Edit"?

What screen?  I don't  see it in my version.

windie

If married filing jointly, I thought it was up to $600. $300 per person you could deduct. Is this correct?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Yes, the amount is $600 for the married filing jointly status.  There are two additional conditions for this donation to be posted correctly.

• You must not have any charitable deductions posted in the Deductions & Credits section.
  • You must qualify for the Standard Deduction.

The Review/Edit ICON will appear on the right-hand side next to any entries that require attention.

@windie

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just letting everyone know that this (removing all of the itemized charitable contributions inside of the "Deductions and Credits" menu under Federal and then placing the 600 under the question that asks about charitable contributions under the CARES act) method worked for me in TurboTax Deluxe Desktop for Windows.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies