turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you Fix my return with missing Illinois Schedule G, Voluntary Contribution Fund in order to eFile?

I had to zero out all donations for TurboTax to accept for Illinois eFile. The form is available online for 2021 returns. I suppose I can file an amended return later.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can you Fix my return with missing Illinois Schedule G, Voluntary Contribution Fund in order to eFile?

@pumpkin1007 

If you haven't actually filed your IL tax returns yet, wait until the 28th of Jan to try those donations again.   The IL forms are not supposed to be finalized until the 27th  (wait an extra day).

Filing without the Schedule G, and then amending doesn't seem workable.  IF you have an IL tax "refund" without the donation, you would get the full refund long before any amended IL tax return would get processed

.....ANNNND...from what I've seen in the 2020 amended IL tax forms (2021 forms aren't viewable yet), it doesn't look to me that they allow a Schedule G addition on the amended IL  tax return.

So just wait another week or two, or find a way to donate separately.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you.

Since I have to wait for Missouri's return, I can wait. My Mom finished her's and doubled the contribution to include both us. She didn't have any problems.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies