wmer24

Part of my CalPERS pension comes from service as a public safety employee and part from non public safety employee status

ToddL

Approximately how much is the annual total amount received, and what portion is attributable to work as a PSE?
wmer24

3 months public service employee out of a total of 30 years.
ToddL

If only 3 months of your 30 yrs of CALPERS service was as a Public Safety Officer, you wouldn't be able to claim the Public Safety Officer exclusion.

"Retired Public Safety Officers, or PSOs, can exclude up to $3,000 of their retirement income, if the money was used towards health or long-term care insurance premiums."