stadlerkathryn

On the enter MDHHS and FIP assistance benefits, for total benefits received, what is TurboTax looking for?

do I have to pay taxes on Medicaid or food (EBT)?
ColeenD3

No,  you don't. It's hard to know why you are being asked without knowing where you are in the program. One guess is you are being asked your nontaxable income or what money you receive to determine support.

stadlerkathryn

I was on the State portion and it asked for total benefits received for FIP assistance and MDHHS assistance.  I receive food benefits (EBT) and Medicaid.  I DO NOT receive cash assistance.  I received a 1095-B form from Michigan Department of Health and Human Services but it only has my name, address, social security number, MDHHS's EIN number, and the months of coverage for me which was April through December.  It has no dollar amount on there so when I got to the question asking total benefits received on TurboTax I didn't know what to put.  I called MDHHS this morning and they said that is the only form they send out and the lady there told me she said she did not know what TurboTax was asking on that question I had on my taxes.  

ReneeM7122

If there is no amount given, leave it blank or put a $0.  The FIP assistance that you receive is not taxable.