Solved: On form 1040 line 32 the IRA deduction line, am I allowed to put down deductions here that I made through payroll into my retirement account through work?

On form 1040 line 32 the IRA deduction line, am I allowed to put down deductions here that I made through payroll into my retirement account through work?

Your retirement plan contributions that you made through payroll deduction should show on your W-2, with a Code D in Box 12.  TurboTax will pick up this amount when you enter your W-2, so there is no need to enter it again.

The IRA deduction is an entry you would make if you contributed to an IRA outside of your employer.

Here's more info:

Here's more info: