If you’re having trouble paying your federal taxes with direct debit on 04/15/19, and seeing the error message “the payment date cannot be after 04/15/19”, there are a few other options for you.
Change the date on your computer to 04/14/2019
- Go to the time and date settings on your computer.
- Change the date to 04/14/2019.
- Apply and save the changes.
- Refresh TurboTax.
- Complete filing with the new payment date.
- Once you’re done, you can change the date back on your computer.
Pay the IRS directly
Mail a check
You can always send a check directly to the IRS to pay your taxes.