Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

There's a blurb at the bottom of the 1099-B Section stating I need to finish reporting my stock sales by mailing in a form. Is this mailed in when I e-file my tax return, or would I need to mail in my 1099-B forms separately?

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

No you don't mail 1099-B forms. The IRS receives copies of all 1099 Forms. You input the information that is on the form and the correct tax forms and schedules are sent to the IRS when you e-file.

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

Then why is it listed on the page that you have to mail it in to complete it?

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

Did you choose the option to enter a summary instead of entering each sale? If so, then you have to mail a copy of the brokerage statement listing the individual sales. You have to send a statement, not copies of individual 1099-B forms. If you e-file, TurboTax will produce a Form 8453. You print the Form 8453 and attach the brokerage statement(s) to it. If you file by mail, attach the statement(s) at the back of your tax return, after all the forms and schedules. In either case, click the "mailing instructions" link in the message at the bottom of the TurboTax page and follow the instructions that it displays.

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

if I already e-filed but forgot to take down that information, is there a way for me to still access form 8453 and the mailing instructions?

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

It is explained on the first few pages of the Turbo Tax PDF Return Doc that Intuit provides for your records

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

If the IRS receives copies of all 1099(B) forms, then why do we still have to mail these forms to them along with Form 8949. I chose to enter a summary of all transactions (i.e. cost basis and proceeds) instead of entering each sale (basically, copied what was on the consolidated 1099B form). Upon completion, I was still reminded to send Form 8453 along with Form 8949 and 1099B to the IRS. Again, isn't this redundant work if the IRS already receives all 1099 forms?

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

@MH - You don't have to send the IRS copies of 1099-B forms. They do already have that. But 1099-Bs do not always have complete information. If there were sales for which basis was not reported on the 1099-B, (box B, C, E, or F is checked on Form 8949), then you have to either enter each transaction individually on your tax return, or send the IRS a statement showing all the information that would be on Form 8949 for the individual transactions. What you send with Form 8453 is the statement listing the details of the individual sales.

Do I need to mail my 1099-B Statements?

I do it by mail do I attached or not