Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No longer need Schedule C for 2022

My wife sold product for Monat in 2021 and made over $600, so we entered the information for the 1099-NEC and also entered a Schedule C for deductions last year.  She stopped selling by end of 2021, so we have nothing to report for 2022.  I'm pretty sure I put I sold or disposed of business in 2021 in the TurboTax 2021 software, but of course when I open the document in the 2021TurboTax software those selections were reset, and I can't find that information on the 2021 pdf tax forms I saved.  

So for 2022 TurboTax pulled the Schedule C info in from the 2021's tax information. I left it at the default of $0.00 for the 2022 Net Business Income, but when I go to finish up and do the review an error is reported under the Schedule C section it states, "Schedule C (Sales) -- Schedule C Worksheet: Amount - Misc Exp Other must be entered. Amount - Misc Exp Other Box"    So in other words the "Amount - Misc Exp Other" box is empty.

Should I just deleted the entire Schedule C for 2022 since it is no longer relevant? How do I properly communicate my wife is no longer associated with the business.   When I do that in the 2022 Software, it removes the Schedule C info from the 2021 column as well - not sure if that is important for the final results or not. 

As a side note, Monat did send my wife an electronic notice about the 1099-NEC a couple months ago, but it was the 2021 tax year one again with the same info we already had gotten to file taxes last year.. not sure the reason for this, or if I'm supposed to do anything with it other than maintain it for records. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ee-ea
Level 15

No longer need Schedule C for 2022

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies