Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I have a 5498-SA form and not a 1099 form so should I make a copy of the 5498 form and send it in the mail or just a copy of my W-2s?

I entered all of my information on turbo tax and now I have to print out and sign the paperwork and mail it off. When I review the mailing directions for the state tax return it says “be sure to attach a copy of your w-2 and 1099 form” to the rest of the paperwork. but I don’t have a 1099 just a 5498-SA. Do I send in what I already have or did I do something incorrectly. Help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If I have a 5498-SA form and not a 1099 form so should I make a copy of the 5498 form and send it in the mail or just a copy of my W-2s?

No, do not mail the 5498-SA.

Yes, send the copy of your W-2. 

If you did not enter a 1099, there would be no need to attach one. A 1099 would be attached if you received any pensions, or IRA distributions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

No, do not mail the 5498-SA.

Yes, send the copy of your W-2. 

If you did not enter a 1099, there would be no need to attach one. A 1099 would be attached if you received any pensions, or IRA distributions. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies