snoopyscruffy

My wife and I are both licensed realtors. I am her assistant. Do I need a separate 1099 when she pays me for services?

I have not received a 1099 from our broker, only my wife. She pays me to do open houses, internet searches via MLS. I also show houses to clients. My wife does all of the contracts. I am licensed and incur a lot of expenses

Coleen3

Yes, she has her own Schedule C business and if she pays you, she would need to issue you a 1099-Misc if the amount was over $600. You would enter your own income and expenses on a separate Schedule C.

Coleen3