kmctaxes01

My spouse has no w-2 only SSA-1099, how do I get out of having an error to enter my spouse's w-2?

ddaven12

If the program is asking for a Form W-2 for your wife, please follow the steps below to delete the form and the W-2 questions.

1.      Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open and click the button Take me to my return

2.      Select Federal in the left navigation panel.

3.      Next select Income & Expenses at the top.

4.      Scroll down to Wages and Salaries and select Show more.

5.      Click Start/Revisit next to Wages and Salaries

6.      This brings you to the Review your W-2 info screen. Click the trashcan icon (delete) next to the W-2 and then            answer Yes on the following screen.

Here's another way to delete the W-2:

1.Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)

2.In the left side bar, select Tax Tools then select Tools.

3.In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.

4.Select Delete next to the Form W-2 and follow the onscreen instructions.

jjenson5921

There is no form so why is it even asking?

Either you started a W-2 form for them and backed out leaving a "footprint" that needs to be deleted  OR  more likely the shell was transferred from last year and you did not visit that section to delete the unwanted form ... anyway you don't want/need it so simply delete it as described in the other answer.