turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MY OHIO PUBLI EMP RET SYS - FORM 1099-R ONLY HAS 13 BOXES BUT YOU ARE ASKING FOR INFORMATION FOR BOXES 14, 15, 16

I'M TIRED I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DO I DO
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

MY OHIO PUBLI EMP RET SYS - FORM 1099-R ONLY HAS 13 BOXES BUT YOU ARE ASKING FOR INFORMATION FOR BOXES 14, 15, 16

Any box not on your 1099-R leave BLANK. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@dmlonationwide 

OPERS is apparently one of several systems/issuers that have released 1099-R forms with improperly labelled boxes at #'s 12 and higher for 2020.

For 2020, The IRS changed the box # labelling for boxes 12 and higher.   The former 12,13,14 are now supposed to be boxes 14,15,16 respectively.   So either use that info to put your data in the proper boxes....or just carefully match the subject text on each box before transferring the data it contains to the TTX form.

Then call OPERS and ask them if they are aware of the issue, and if they are going to correct their forms or not...the do need to get lots of complaints, so they get on the ball and  get it right next year.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies