dmlonationwide

MY OHIO PUBLI EMP RET SYS - FORM 1099-R ONLY HAS 13 BOXES BUT YOU ARE ASKING FOR INFORMATION FOR BOXES 14, 15, 16

I'M TIRED I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DO I DO
macuser_22

Any box not on your 1099-R leave BLANK. 

SteamTrain

@dmlonationwide 

OPERS is apparently one of several systems/issuers that have released 1099-R forms with improperly labelled boxes at #'s 12 and higher for 2020.

For 2020, The IRS changed the box # labelling for boxes 12 and higher.   The former 12,13,14 are now supposed to be boxes 14,15,16 respectively.   So either use that info to put your data in the proper boxes....or just carefully match the subject text on each box before transferring the data it contains to the TTX form.

Then call OPERS and ask them if they are aware of the issue, and if they are going to correct their forms or not...the do need to get lots of complaints, so they get on the ball and  get it right next year.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*