Solved: My inherited IRA 1099R flows to the form 8606 in e...

My inherited IRA 1099R flows to the form 8606 in error

Everywhere I read says that when the 1099-R has code 4 (inherited), then the gross amount should not flow to the taxpayer's 8606. Unfortunately, it does for the 2020 version of TurboTax. I can't figure out a way to make it stop.

There is no basis for my inherited IRA, so I don't need a form 8606 for the inherited IRA. I really would prefer not to override the 8606 so that my taxable amount would be correct.  Since inherited IRA's are supposed to kept separate and TurboTax is not able to have a separate 8606 for inherited IRA's, I would think it would be consistent and not have the amount flow to the 8606 whenever it is a code 4

Hope someone has an answer or TurboTax provides a fix.

Found this answer. Solve the problem.

This is a bug in TurboTax.  See the workaround provided by macuser_22 in this thread:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/re-inherited-ira-gross-amount-flows-to-my-fo...

TurboTax presently has a bug that is causing distributions from an inherited IRA to inappropriately appear on the beneficiary's own Form 8606.  This is being investigated by Intuit.

Found this answer. Solve the problem.