Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jbraym88

My husband and I filed jointly and have received a partial refund payment titled with my social. Is it normal to receive separate payments according to each individual?

My bank account has the direct deposit labeled with my social not my husband's. I used the check my refund tool for my husband's social and it says still processing. But mine has been paid out in a partial amount. Will we get the rest eventually?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

My husband and I filed jointly and have received a partial refund payment titled with my social. Is it normal to receive separate payments according to each individual?

No, it would not be normal to receive separate refunds on a joint return.  There would be only one refund for the full return.  It sounds as though the IRS has adjusted your refund amount for some reason.  You should receive a letter from them explaining the  adjustment within two weeks of the refund receipt.  That letter will have a telephone number for you to call with any questions.  Until that letter is received, its really not worth your time to call because the person you reach can only look to see what the letter says to explain it to you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

No, it would not be normal to receive separate refunds on a joint return.  There would be only one refund for the full return.  It sounds as though the IRS has adjusted your refund amount for some reason.  You should receive a letter from them explaining the  adjustment within two weeks of the refund receipt.  That letter will have a telephone number for you to call with any questions.  Until that letter is received, its really not worth your time to call because the person you reach can only look to see what the letter says to explain it to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies