Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

My daughter received social security income.

I have a SSA-1099 for my daughter
2 Replies
Level 15

My daughter received social security income.

We are not sure why you are telling us that your daughter received Social Security.   Is she a child---is she receiving SS because of a deceased parent?   What do you need to know?   You do not put her SS on your own tax return if that is what you are trying to ask about.  If she has any other income of her own then she can file her own tax return and must include the SSA1099 on her return.


Or do you have a different question?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 1

My daughter received social security income.

You should not enter a Form SSA-1099 for a dependent on your tax return. The child's Social Security benefits are usually not  taxable.

If she isn't your dependent, and that is the only income she has, then she does not have to file or report it either.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings