cwking1953

My daughter received social security income.

I have a SSA-1099 for my daughter

We are not sure why you are telling us that your daughter received Social Security.   Is she a child---is she receiving SS because of a deceased parent?   What do you need to know?   You do not put her SS on your own tax return if that is what you are trying to ask about.  If she has any other income of her own then she can file her own tax return and must include the SSA1099 on her return.

Or do you have a different question?

npierson7

You should not enter a Form SSA-1099 for a dependent on your tax return. The child's Social Security benefits are usually not  taxable.

If she isn't your dependent, and that is the only income she has, then she does not have to file or report it either.