turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xlmini

My 1099-R Pension qualifies as NON-taxable toward housing. How or Where do I enter this?

TheIRS had tried to disqualify this last year, but a recent judgement stopped IRS for now. They may take this to the SCOTUS.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 1099-R Pension qualifies as NON-taxable toward housing. How or Where do I enter this?

as far as the tax laws are stated,  up to $10,000 for lifetime can be used to buy FIRST principal residence. it's subject to regular income taxes but not the 10% penalty.  if you desire to enter something contrary to TT programming you'll have to do it manually and thus will not be able to efile.     also TT accuracy guarantee is invalid if you override.   the 10,000 only is for IRA's and not for other pensions. 

if you can cite a code section saying the distribution is non taxable, please cite it.  

dmertz
Level 15

If you are asking about a retired minister's housing allowance, see the following:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-enter-a-parsonage-or-housing-allo...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies