My 1099-R has 2b in box 7. Pull downs in form have 2 as an option but no 2b second digit pull down has b but system says that's wrong, any suggestions?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecat1981

My 1099-R has 2b in box 7. Pull downs in form have 2 as an option but no 2b second digit pull down has b but system says that's wrong, any suggestions?

2 Replies
SteamTrain
Level 15

that is two separate codes

....a 2 and a B...and you can do that.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
dmertz
Level 15

Edit the Form 1099-R and change your answer to No when asked if the distribution is from a Roth IRA.  This question in TurboTax under these circumstances serves no useful purpose and only serves to trip you up since Code B indicates a distribution from a designated Roth account in a qualified retirement plan like a 401(k), not a distribution from a Roth IRA.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings