Solved: My 1099-R annuity has a taxable amount of $55,427. How do I determine if my annuity distribution as a California taxable amount less than the federal taxable amount?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dslipman
Returning Member

My 1099-R annuity has a taxable amount of $55,427. How do I determine if my annuity distribution as a California taxable amount less than the federal taxable amount?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar

My 1099-R annuity has a taxable amount of $55,427. How do I determine if my annuity distribution as a California taxable amount less than the federal taxable amount?

The state of California does not exempt retirement income from taxation.  California imposes income tax on all money you receive from an annuity.So, the California taxable amount will be the same as the federal taxable amount.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar

The state of California does not exempt retirement income from taxation.  California imposes income tax on all money you receive from an annuity.So, the California taxable amount will be the same as the federal taxable amount.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings