chefs14

My 1040 schedule 3 Line 10 shows a credit since my employer changed EINs and withheld double. Should this show in my tax summary as a credit as it does not currently?

The excess social security withholding from the 1040 is not showing in my turbo tax summary as a credit and net a large balance is shown due.  Is this a turbo tax error or how can I correct for this?

SamS1

Yes, but not in the tax summary.  It should show up as a credit on line 10 of your Schedule 3 and the total from line 13 should flow to line 31 of the 1040.  Note the maximum  earnings subject to social security is for 2020 was $137,700.  So you would have to earn more then that to get the excess Social Security credit.  To review your 1040 in TurboTax:

• In the left margin click Tax Tools
  • Click Tools
  • select View Tax Summary
  • in the left margin, select Preview my 1040

From there you can see your 1040 and schedules 1, 2, 3.  Review the lines mentioned on the 1040 and Sch 3 for your credit.  Click Back in the left margin when done.

Make sure your W-2 input is correct if you see a discrepancy.

SamS1

• In the left margin click Tax Tools
  • Click Tools
  • select View Tax Summary