sandyls123

My 1040 form line 15b is pulling gross distribution amount, not taxable amount from my 1099-R. The gross distribution is blank in box 15a. How can I fix this?

In other words:
1040 form box 15a:  no distribution shown (blank)
1040 form box 15b: gross distribution from my 1099-R shows rather than the taxable amount from my 1099-R.

Our IRA does have a basis that is different than 0.  

In the past, we completed Form 8606 to be submitted manually with the return because it didn't come up within Turbo Tax.  Perhaps I need to find out how to add this form in TurboTax or keep doing it manually.

rogge1722

Bring form 1040 up on the screen. Put the pointer on line 15b and right click. On the box that appears click on "data source."  Another box will appear displaying the source. That should help to isolate the source of the error.

rogge1722

sandyls123

Thank you Rogge 1722!!!! You helped so much 😄