Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmbs1949

Me and my husband file joint! I have taken money from vanguard acct! He doesn't know! Can I file that on my own so he won't have to know?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Me and my husband file joint! I have taken money from vanguard acct! He doesn't know! Can I file that on my own so he won't have to know?

No.  Unless you file separate returns as married filing separately, which will raise your taxes and he would have to know about that.

If you are filing a joint return, you have to enter ALL of your information on that same tax return.  You cannot file the Vanguard distribution secretly or separately.  Sorry.  If the money came from retirement savings, etc. you will be receiving a 1099R and it must be entered on your return.

To enter your retirement income, go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies