Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimeagen
Returning Member

MD Form 502SU

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

MD Form 502SU

What is your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jimeagen
Returning Member

MD Form 502SU

When I fill out the TTax form for federal tax it does not actuate the 502SU in the MD tax.  I have been able to get around the same problem in 2 previous years but can't get my military tax reduction to work this year.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

MD Form 502SU

You are correct.  If there is only one MD subtraction on the form 502SU the form will not generate for mailing a MD return. However, the subtraction amount does happen on the MD form 502 and when e-filing, the form 502SU will be sent.  Verify your entries in the steps below. 

1. In the "My Info" section "Edit" your information to ensure you have indicated your military status (Retired)
  2. In the "Wages & Income" section "Edit" the applicable 1099-R and ensure on the page following the form entries and asking "Where is this distribution from?", you select "Active or Reserve Military Retirement"
  3. This will activate the code "U" subtraction amount up to $12,500 for those under age 55 or up to $20,000 for those age 55 or over.

Next in TurboTax online versions you should see the subtraction amount in the MD Tax Summary using these steps:

1. In the left hand menu select "Tax Tools"
  2. Select "Tools"
  3. Select "View Tax Summary"
  4. Select "MD Tax Summary"

In desktop versions you can view your form 502 in the forms mode and look at line 13.

You can also "Open Form" and find the MD 502SU and open it to see the entries there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies