turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cheroakes

My 2017 return was rejected because I entered an incorrect amount on something, but I had already determined I forgot a 1099 for 2016 state refund. Can I add 1099 now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 2017 return was rejected because I entered an incorrect amount on something, but I had already determined I forgot a 1099 for 2016 state refund. Can I add 1099 now?

If the 1099-G is for a current year state tax refund - that is, the number on the form is the current tax year's number, no matter what year the refund is from (Box 3) - then since your return was rejected, you can go ahead and add the 1099-G for the refund after you fix the problem that caused the reject.

Then run through the review and re-efile.

[Edited 3/11/2020 3:53 pm CDT - made year neutral]

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If the 1099-G is for a current year state tax refund - that is, the number on the form is the current tax year's number, no matter what year the refund is from (Box 3) - then since your return was rejected, you can go ahead and add the 1099-G for the refund after you fix the problem that caused the reject.

Then run through the review and re-efile.

[Edited 3/11/2020 3:53 pm CDT - made year neutral]

cheroakes

It was refund from 2016 tax year.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies