turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is a withdrawal from the Thrifts Savings Program considered a Federal Retirement Benefit, do I check the source as a Federal Retirement Benefits or None of the Above?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Is a withdrawal from the Thrifts Savings Program considered a Federal Retirement Benefit, do I check the source as a Federal Retirement Benefits or None of the Above?

It is a Federal benefit.

The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is a tax-deferred retirement savings and investment plan that offers Federal employees the same type of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under 401(k) plans. By participating in the TSP, Federal employees have the opportunity to save part of their income for retirement, receive matching agency contributions, and reduce their current taxes.

From <https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/my-annuity-and-benefits/thrift-savings-plan/>

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

It is a Federal benefit.

The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is a tax-deferred retirement savings and investment plan that offers Federal employees the same type of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under 401(k) plans. By participating in the TSP, Federal employees have the opportunity to save part of their income for retirement, receive matching agency contributions, and reduce their current taxes.

From <https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/my-annuity-and-benefits/thrift-savings-plan/>

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies