Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to obtain a copy of a 1099-C if I misplaced it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You can ask the issuer for a duplicate ... OR ... get an income transcript from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

TurboTax does not have actual copies of your 1099C. But if you typed in or imported those documents, your program will have worksheets that contain all the info on the original document.

In the forms mode (in desktop/cd versions of TurboTax), scroll down the forms list and look for 1099-C worksheets (with the name of the issuing company)

what if you cannot recall the sender of this form? as the debt was handed over to a collections agency well after the fact.. meaning for example.  never being late with payment but at one point after a financial crisis from divorce entered into a 3 plus year contract to consolidate debt through a debt consolidation company.. and then receiving this well after already having filed the previous years' tax return.  What I mean is, I dont remember the name of the company or which creditor they represented!  I contacted turbo tax about it 3 times, once by phone, and two times after I had received an email that my return was accepted by the IRS.  the first of those attempts through turbo tax chat resulted in shockingly disrespect as the rep (as soon as I got the email) flat out denied that this was valid and/or that I had received such email of acceptance as this was literally the day before the formal date that the IRS would accept anybody's tax return.. It's true on the 11th of February. Turbo Tax sent me an email that the IRS tax return was indeed accepted.. so that evening when I attempted to again contact turbo tax, this time, after normal business / operating hours, via chat due to my work schedule was appalled that the rep flat out claimed this was impossible as the IRS was not accepting returns officially until the 12th of the month .. I was shocked at the chat response.. and some how some where the two 1099-c forms have gone missing.  I have searched high and low and only recall the guesstimated amount of debt forgiveness.. which again I cant help but dispute as I am below the poverty level income as it is and feel this is not right especially given the fact that while involved and complying with the debt relief consolidation company, namely Freedom Debt Relief .. that I was charged monthly fees for over 3 years for this elimination of  interest that was taxed on credit card debt.. I went through a divorce and my ex was unable to even pay me child support let alone support me and/or the kids.  I paid for the divorce, and with that the credit used every single time we had no choice but to up and move due to economic hardship.  I was working 2 jobs, nearly 15 to 16 hour days and he was not capable of picking up enough responsibility to help with living expenses.. as it were, my main point is.. I cannot find these 1099-c' documents.. they have gone missing.. and were received well after my already having filed my tax return!  A FEW WEEKS AFTER.. MIND Y0U..  when I immediately contacted turbo tax for help with amending or at best attempting to apply for exclusion of having to claim this as income. which in all respect is definitely not income.. i dont care how you try and say it is.. it is definitely not income but my attempts to refute that are an additional problem because why? I cannot find these two 1099'c forms .. and unfortunately they are not sent by original credit card corporations!  what do I do ?  what do you recommend?  I recall the one was about $2187 and the other, if memory serves was approximately $859 ?  but seriously I cannot find these two forms and Have no idea how to get a copy of them .  

Dmsmitt68

I need a copy of my 1099c from Georgia department of labor I wrote them no response I need the copy to send off my federal taxes paper please I also need A copy of a 500EZ Georgia from please so I can get my both of my taxes done I will need help with the 500EZ from please help soon as possible please I need this money bad thank you and have a Very Bless day 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

To clarify, do you mean 1099-C or 1099-G? If you are unable to obtain a copy of your Form 1099-C from the Georgia (GA) Department of Labor, you may be able to get one from the IRS.  Try using the IRS Transcript page to see if it is part of your file yet.

You can view the Form 500-EZ using the link, but please provide more details about the help you need.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies