Romper

Is a qualified charitable distribution from IRA deductible on Minnesota tax return for 2017?

I made a Qualified Charitable Distribution from my RMD for my traditional IRA during 2017. Wondering if it is deductible on my Minnesota return for 2017 or is it calculated automatically into the Minnesota return by TurboTax?

I itemize deductions on my federal return.

Hal_Al

It is calculated automatically into the Minnesota return by TurboTax.

MN starts with the federal taxable income, which already reflects the QCD deduction. So, yes you got that deduction before MN tax was calculated

Hal_Al

Romper

Thank You Hal_Al