MOGrillman

IRS still working on 1099-R Pensions distributions?

I cannot enter the 1099-R information, I get a message that the IRS is still working on the distributions from pensions. Is this true? I have updated TurboTax

several times.

SamS1

This error message is related to the form 8915-E that is schedule to roll out 2/25.  The 8915-E will be used for penalty relief from early retirement plan distributions and include the option to spread the distribution income over 3 years.  This may be a good option if the distribution is pushing you into a higher marginal tax bracket.  You may end up paying less tax if you spread the distribution over the 3 years.  I work in the home and business desktop version of TurboTax and I can input the 1099R.  It might be related to the product type you are using and the availability of the 8915-E in that product type.

ReNae2

I am still getting this message on March 5th.  Anyone have any newer information.  Also receive this message for Schedule D.

SteamTrain

IF you've been updating your software......then For some reason, your software is not updating properly.

1)  Shut down TurboTax and reboot your computer....a partially-installed and waiting Windows update can block proper TTX updates.

2)  Then download and install this "Manual Update"   (can take 15 min or so to install)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

3) then restart TTX, and run the internal Software update again....the manual update does not update state software, and there may be federal software updates that were issued after the  manual update.

..............then see what the software notices say...should be cleared up.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
MOGrillman

I found it helpful to turn off my antivirus program and reinstall the program.  Once I did that Turbo Tax worked just fine and I was able to get taxes done without a hitch.

MOGrillman

after reinstall I turned anitvirus back on