Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) says that it Needs Review after filling all sections

I'm having an issue with the IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) section. I filled out everything as instructed but the section tells me that it Needs Review -

nr.png

I filled out the form exactly as instructed in the steps -

form.png

I basically withdrew $3,323 from my 401(k) for the Coronavirus related distribution. I elected to pay taxes over 3 years.

My first confusion is with the line - 2020 Form 8915E, line 4, column b (do not include coronavirus-related distributions)The form 8915E I included in my 2020 tax returns specifies $3,323 as the amount in line 4 column (b). However, the instructions asked to omit Coronavirus distributions. Since the withdrawn $3,323 was for Coronavirus, I understood that I need to leave it blank. Is that correct?

After following all the steps, TurboTax tells me that the sections Needs Review. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) says that it Needs Review after filling all sections

Your entries for Form 8915-F look correct.  

As long you don't receive an error during the Federal Review, you can ignore the 'Needs Review' message.

If you get a message during the review about entering a 'Disaster Name' for Form 8915-E, continue past that.  You don't need a Form 8915-E in your 2021 return. 

You could try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies are re-visiting the 1099-R section again.  The 'Disaster' questions come after that section. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Your entries for Form 8915-F look correct.  

As long you don't receive an error during the Federal Review, you can ignore the 'Needs Review' message.

If you get a message during the review about entering a 'Disaster Name' for Form 8915-E, continue past that.  You don't need a Form 8915-E in your 2021 return. 

You could try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies are re-visiting the 1099-R section again.  The 'Disaster' questions come after that section. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. The Needs Review warning never went away but the Federal Review did not throw an error. It just warned me to revisit the IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) section, which I'm assuming is due to the same Needs Review warning. It would be good if TurboTax can address the underlying issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies