Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Interest 5498 OMB Where do I report IRA

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Interest 5498 OMB Where do I report IRA

Form 5498 is for informational purposes only and is not reported on your income tax return.  The form reports your annual IRA contributions, defines the type of retirement account you have, it also reports any rolled over or transferred amounts from different types of retirement accounts. 

If you made any IRA contributions, they are reported as follows:

  1. Federal Taxes   
  2. Deductions & Credits,
  3. Scroll down to Retirements and Investments
  4. Select Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions

If you have made a rollover, you would report it when you receive form 1099-R:

  1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies