humphrca

In 2019 I withdrew 5000 in contributions from ROTH IRA that was open for 5+ years. Turbotax is showing that my withdrawal is taxed on MA State Form. How do i fix that?

My contribution amounts as tracked in TurboTax prior to 2019 was 8900.

JohnB5677

Massachusetts does not give you a deduction for contributions to an IRA, nor does it give you an exemption on the earnings of a ROTH IRA. 

It is your responsibility to track all of the contributions that have made over the years. That would include contributions made in other states.

If you do not enter your contributions you will be taxed on 100% of the distribution.

TurboTax provides a place to account for these contributions in the Massachusetts section of your state return.

DMarkM1

First be sure that 1099-R information is entered exactly as indicated on the form.  In the MA interview when you get to the question about "Taxable IRA/Keogh distributions" ensure that you put in the contributions that have been taxed by MA already. 

humphrca

Technically none of the contributions have been taxed by MA already.  I moved to MA last year but the contributions for my ROTH were all taxed by Ohio 6/7 years ago.

JohnB5677