If you did not have any self-employment income in 2020 then please follow these steps to delete any self-employment information that got carried over:
- Login to your TurboTax Account
- Click on the Search box on the top and type “self-employed”
- Click on “Jump to self-employed”
- Delete the information.
Please see What is Form 1099-NEC? for additional information.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I figured it out! I had to act like I was adding self-employment income, and go in and manually delete the empty 1099 forms. So even though it wasn't showing I had 1099's on the income summary page, the forms were still out there.
The Form 1099-NEC has replaced the Form 1099-MISC for nonemployee compensation. There will be no need to enter any 1099-MISC for income received due to services you performed.
Here are steps to enter the 1099-NEC for your business. There are two methods to choose from.
When you are signed into your TurboTax account follow the steps below.
- Select Wages & Income > Self-employment Income > Review
- Select the business where you want to enter your 1099-NEC
- Skip import if you choose > Select Form 1099-NEC, new IRS form for nonemployee compensation (replaces 1099-MISC) > Continue
- Enter your data from the 1099-NEC
NOTE: You can also choose to enter this as a cash payment of business income by selecting Other self-employed income, includes 1099-K, cash, and checks (if you choose this, delete the 1099-NEC). Currently, there is a known issue where the spouse is not connected with the form should this be applicable to your situation.