Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rcsallee

In 2019, I had some income from DoorDash. We did not do any DD this year. TurboTax is still trying to make me enter a 1099-NEC, but I don't have one. How to remove?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

In 2019, I had some income from DoorDash. We did not do any DD this year. TurboTax is still trying to make me enter a 1099-NEC, but I don't have one. How to remove?

If you did not have any self-employment income in 2020 then please follow these steps to delete any self-employment information that got carried over:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “self-employed”
  3. Click on “Jump to self-employed”
  4. Delete the information.

Please see What is Form 1099-NEC? for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rcsallee

Thanks for the quick response!  I have done that and when I go to review my Federal, it still wants me to enter information on a 1099-NEC.

rcsallee

....and there are no 1099-MISCs or 1099-NECs listed on the income section.

rcsallee

I figured it out!  I had to act like I was adding self-employment income, and go in and manually delete the empty 1099 forms.  So even though it wasn't showing I had 1099's on the income summary page, the forms were still out there.  

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The Form 1099-NEC has replaced the Form 1099-MISC for nonemployee compensation. There will be no need to enter any 1099-MISC for income received due to services you performed. 

Here are steps to enter the 1099-NEC for your business.  There are two methods to choose from.

When you are signed into your TurboTax account follow the steps below.

1. Select Wages & Income > Self-employment Income > Review
  2. Select the business where you want to enter your 1099-NEC
  3. Skip import if you choose > Select Form 1099-NEC, new IRS form for nonemployee compensation (replaces 1099-MISC) > Continue
  4. Enter your data from the 1099-NEC

NOTE:  You can also choose to enter this as a cash payment of business income by selecting Other self-employed income, includes 1099-K, cash, and checks (if you choose this, delete the 1099-NEC).  Currently, there is a known issue where the spouse is not connected with the form should this be applicable to your situation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies