turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I pulled all my money out of my brokerage last year will I have a form for that already or will I get one this year for what I did last year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

If I pulled all my money out of my brokerage last year will I have a form for that already or will I get one this year for what I did last year?

Any sales that took place in 2017 will be reported on a 1099-B for 2017 that you will get in 2018. These usually arrive a little later due to the complexity of reporting the trades.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you decided to sell securities in 2017, to turn it into cash, it is the sales that have to be reported on your tax return.

Your 1099-B would come by mid or late February, or, depending on the broker, it may be available already online.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Any sales that took place in 2017 will be reported on a 1099-B for 2017 that you will get in 2018. These usually arrive a little later due to the complexity of reporting the trades.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies