Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If/when tax form 8606 is ready (is it?), how will I know? Should it appear in "Preview my 1040"? My estimated tax refund seems way off, and I think TT is missing 8606.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If/when tax form 8606 is ready (is it?), how will I know? Should it appear in "Preview my 1040"? My estimated tax refund seems way off, and I think TT is missing 8606.

Another option to see if the form 8606 is included on your return is to select Tax Tools on the left and then select "Delete a form". This will give you a list of all forms and worksheets included on your return. You won't be able to look at the form itself but can verify that the form is included on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Form 8606 is currently available. Form 8606 would not be included in the "Preview of my 1040". 

If you want to see all forms before you e-file then you can print/download the return after you paid by following the steps below:

1. Select Tax Tools on the left and then Print Center and choose the print center
  2. Select returns and choose to print just the tax return or to include all worksheets as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana, thanks for your reply. I'm hesitant to pay the fee for print/download before I confirm TurboTax will be able to handle my tax return needs this year. As I mentioned, my return seems very incorrect. What is another way I can verify TurboTax is fully updated about the recently released form 8606, and whether it's included in my return documents?

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Another option to see if the form 8606 is included on your return is to select Tax Tools on the left and then select "Delete a form". This will give you a list of all forms and worksheets included on your return. You won't be able to look at the form itself but can verify that the form is included on your return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dana, that was very helpful, I can see that the form 8606-T is in the list under "Delete a form".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies