Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rstet1

If not all Form 1099-R that I received show item 14 State Distribution with an amount, should I report an amount or leave it blank?

I received 4 1099R forms with item 14 (state distribution) blank and 1 1099R form with it filled in.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

If not all Form 1099-R that I received show item 14 State Distribution with an amount, should I report an amount or leave it blank?

Generally, you should report exactly what is on all your tax forms.  It is best to enter exactly as the forms read and leave it off it the payer leaves it off.

Having it entered differently on the 1099-R's will not cause an error or issue since the income information automatically flows to your state return.  If you choose to leave it blank, it will also not cause a problem in your return.

Some companies will report the distribution amount for the state in box 14 and others do not although you did not have any state tax withheld. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LisaBr

Generally, you should report exactly what is on all your tax forms.  It is best to enter exactly as the forms read and leave it off it the payer leaves it off.

Having it entered differently on the 1099-R's will not cause an error or issue since the income information automatically flows to your state return.  If you choose to leave it blank, it will also not cause a problem in your return.

Some companies will report the distribution amount for the state in box 14 and others do not although you did not have any state tax withheld. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies