If my 1099 doesn't detail anything on the state section should I still file state?

Seven U.S. states currently don't have an income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee are also spared from handing over an extra chunk of their paycheck on April 15, though they do pay tax on dividends and income from investments.  If you earned income in any of these states then you would not need to pay the state taxes for them.  If you didn't then yes you will have to pay state taxes