marvin-gomez13

If I pulled all my money out of my brokerage last year will I have a form for that already or will I get one this year for what I did last year?

Coleen3

Any sales that took place in 2017 will be reported on a 1099-B for 2017 that you will get in 2018. These usually arrive a little later due to the complexity of reporting the trades.

fanfare

If you decided to sell securities in 2017, to turn it into cash, it is the sales that have to be reported on your tax return.
fanfare

Your 1099-B would come by mid or late February, or, depending on the broker, it may be available already online.
Coleen3