Solved: If I have an IRA with my company and they match my...

If I have an IRA with my company and they match my deduction into the IRA, which one do I have?

What is the code in box 12 of the W-2 ? 

What is the code in box 12 of the W-2 ? 

D

You do not have an IRA.  You have a 401K or 457 or an employer plan.  You only enter it from the W2.  Nowhere else.  Do not enter it under Deductions.

Thank you

You have a 401-K plan. The money you contribute is deducted from your wage income as reported in box 1 on your W-2 form. The amount the employer contributes is not reported as income on your W-2 form.

As such, all you need to do is enter your W-2 form in TurboTax and you will get a tax benefit from your 401-k, since your pension plan contribution will be deducted from your otherwise taxable income.