esnyder1288

If I did not reside in MA for the full year do I still need a 1099-HC for the portion I lived out of state to avoid the penalty?

If yes, is insurance carrier required to provide me a 1099-HC for the months I did not reside in Massachusetts?

ScruffyCurmudgeon

I'm assuming that you are filing a MA Form 1-PY/NR and as a part-year resident?

The insurance carrier need only show coverage for the period necessary as the part-year resident.  Note the period as defined below.

This is the instruction from MA DOR

What if I moved into or out of Massachusetts during the year?

If you moved into Massachusetts during the year, the health care mandate applies to you beginning on the first day of the third full month following the month you became a resident of Massachusetts. For example, if you moved into Massachusetts on May 14, the mandate applies on August 1. If you moved out of Massachusetts during the year, the health care mandate applies to you up until the last day of the last full month you were a resident. For example, if you moved out of Massachusetts on July 10, the mandate applies up to June 30.
Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, Locals 718/30, retired firefighter/medic; univ faculty NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
- Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time
Tamcguire

If you did not receive Form(s) MA 1099-HC, check the box to indicate you didn't receive a 1099-HC, and enter the name of your insurance company (or administrator) and your subscriber number.

This information should be on your insurance card.