Solved: If i did not check pension as an rmd must i fill out amended tax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i did not check pension as an rmd must i fill out amended tax

i already did an amended tax filing because i forgot to add pension to my form.  Now, i wonder if my tax would change if i didn't check that i get regular monthly checks.  i am 80
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Yes, you do need to amend your amended return to show that the pension is received on monthly basis; that is how RMD for pension is met.  If you haven't indicated that, you most likely have been assessed a penalty.  

I recommend at this point that you seek out a tax professional. It is actually difficult to amend an already amended tax return.  You would have to download TurboTax into your computer at this point or it won't be done right. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 9

Yes, you do need to amend your amended return to show that the pension is received on monthly basis; that is how RMD for pension is met.  If you haven't indicated that, you most likely have been assessed a penalty.  

I recommend at this point that you seek out a tax professional. It is actually difficult to amend an already amended tax return.  You would have to download TurboTax into your computer at this point or it won't be done right. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings