anothersilentday

If Box 4 isn't included in my 1099-NEC form, what should I do? Should I contact my employer for this information?

My 1099-NEC form includes only Box 1, but TurboTax wants me to fill out Box 4 as well. I don't have this information and TurboTax will not let me continue until I fill out Box 4.  What do you suggest I do?Thanks for your help!

LinaJ2020

Box 4 is for federal tax withholding.  If you did not withhold any federal taxes, you may try to enter zero.  If you have withheld and box 4 does not show the amount, you might need to contact your employer for a corrected 1099-NEC. 

The federal fax withholding will be included in the amount on line 25 of your Form 1040.  This will likely reduce your taxes.

LinaJ2020