turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was approved for $827 a month but only used $679 I was told that I would receive the unused portion in my tax return this year. what do I have to do to get it?

how do I get the unused credit amount I was approved for with my health ins marketplace?

also, it says I'm suppose to fill out form 8962 if I received a 1095 a, which I did or did the system automatically fill it out for me since I'm filing online?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was approved for $827 a month but only used $679 I was told that I would receive the unused portion in my tax return this year. what do I have to do to get it?

The system automatically fills out the 8962 when you enter your 1095-A.

As far as the credit, you were "approved" for the $827 based on your estimated income.  When you filed your taxes if your income varied from the estimated income, your credit amount could be more or less and you would either have to pay back the excess you received or would get a credit if you didn't get enough.  

If you received the credit, you will see it on Schedule 5 line 70.  If you received too much it would be reported on line 46 of Schedule 2. 

To see your 1040 and attached schedules click Tools>>.Tax Tools>>>View Tax Summary>>>Preview My 1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The system automatically fills out the 8962 when you enter your 1095-A.

As far as the credit, you were "approved" for the $827 based on your estimated income.  When you filed your taxes if your income varied from the estimated income, your credit amount could be more or less and you would either have to pay back the excess you received or would get a credit if you didn't get enough.  

If you received the credit, you will see it on Schedule 5 line 70.  If you received too much it would be reported on line 46 of Schedule 2. 

To see your 1040 and attached schedules click Tools>>.Tax Tools>>>View Tax Summary>>>Preview My 1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies