I was a full time student from Jan-May, but started a job in September. If I file as a student, seems I'm no longer eligible for the retirement savings deductible?

anjani-gupta

Ashby

That's correct. If you were a full-time student for any portion of at least 5 months out of the year, you are not eligible for the credit in that tax year. 

anjani-gupta

Technically I graduated in May and only attended classes till mid / end April. Can I remove my status as a student in order to get the retirement savings deductible, or would you not recommend that?
Ashby

Are you not eligible for any education credits? You do not want to lose those.
anjani-gupta

You're right, got it! Thanks