Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aerojim

I want to download my 1099-R from TIAA - not TIAA Brokerage. I cannot do this with 2016 Premier - why not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I want to download my 1099-R from TIAA - not TIAA Brokerage. I cannot do this with 2016 Premier - why not?

Unfortunately, TIAA is not one of our import partners at this time. This is something TIAA has to sign up for. See link below for list of current import partner's.

In the meantime, enter your 1099-R manually. To navigate to the section:

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type 1099-R, then select GO

https://www.partner.turbotax.com/top_partner_list.html

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, TIAA is not one of our import partners at this time. This is something TIAA has to sign up for. See link below for list of current import partner's.

In the meantime, enter your 1099-R manually. To navigate to the section:

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type 1099-R, then select GO

https://www.partner.turbotax.com/top_partner_list.html

Maybe TurboTax and TIAA should get together on this.  "TIAA (for retirement only)" is on TurboTax's drop-down search menu of Financial Institutions.  Also, from a FAQ on TIAA's website:

Can I download my tax information in TurboTax® or Quicken software?
Yes, depending on the type of tax document. Tax information can be downloaded directly within TurboTax® and Quicken.

similar problem in TY 2021 but TIAA brokerage is supposed to work

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TIAA is not one of TurboTax Import Partners. Ref: TurboTax Import Partners  

You will manually have to enter your TIAA information following these steps:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the search box, search for investment sales then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to the question Did you sell any of these investments in 2021?
    • If you land on the investment sales summary screen , select Add More Sales.
  4. Select Other then Continue.
  5. On the next screen, select the type of sale you had (like second home, collectible, or land) and Continue.
  6. Continue following the onscreen instructions to enter the sale.

This TurboTax link Where do I enter investment sales?  has information you may find helpful.

@garciaatsocrates

Not sure what you are saying.  TIAA retirement is listed as a 1099R partner for download.

None of this has anything to do with land sale.

https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/tax-import/program-overview/partner-list/...

Scazzell

I tried all three Tiaa listed companies and Turbo Tax could not make the connection with the proper credentials. I have used this product as long as it has been available and do not understand why now you cannot perform a task that is listed in your program. Tiaa even list Turbotax as a company it has an interface with. I had to manually enter 13 1099-R because this service does not work. Please work on the 1099-R interface. 

Not sure what the problem is.  After my note last year re: this problem, something was fixed and I was able to download my 2020 1099Rs. This year I had no problem downloading my 2021 info from TIAA.  Maybe the difference is that I used TurboTax Premier both years.

I used TT Premier and could not download 2021 info.  Had to enter 7 1009Rs manually.  "First world problem" I know, but still disappointed in the software.

I assume my 2016 Premier is too old.  What is the oldest Premier that can be used?  Or tell me what I need to be able to download this form.  Thank you.  Charles E. Current 

@Charliebuck wrote:

I assume my 2016 Premier is too old.  What is the oldest Premier that can be used?  Or tell me what I need to be able to download this form.  Thank you.  Charles E. Current 

Only the 2023 Form 1099's can be imported into the 2023 TurboTax program.  Prior tax years cannot be imported they can only be manually entered.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for importing a Form 1099 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/import-1099s/L2...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies