Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mr-B
Level 3

I've entered only the summary information for one of my 1099-B, imported complete 1099-B for others. I'm eFiling, what docs should I mail to IRS along with Form 8453?

Turbo tax says 'mail your statements along with Form 8453', I'm not sure what does it mean my statements.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I've entered only the summary information for one of my 1099-B, imported complete 1099-B for others. I'm eFiling, what docs should I mail to IRS along with Form 8453?

Not all 1099s can be imported, especially in the Online versions (there is a transaction limit).  If it can't be imported, it has to be manually entered.  When you enter a form by ''summary'', form 8453 must be mailed to the IRS with the 1099-B or brokerage statement so that the IRS has the complete info.  

Include the 1099-B or brokerage statement for the one you did the summary for.  The IRS has everything it needs for the ones you fully entered.  When you print out the 8453, check to see if it has any of forms checked off and include those when you mail it.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Mr-B
Level 3

I couldn't import that one 1099-B from 'motif investing' because I'm facing this error - "Looks like we hit a slight snag, try back later". I've tried different browsers & computers. Please let know if there is any solution to that.

DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Not all 1099s can be imported, especially in the Online versions (there is a transaction limit).  If it can't be imported, it has to be manually entered.  When you enter a form by ''summary'', form 8453 must be mailed to the IRS with the 1099-B or brokerage statement so that the IRS has the complete info.  

Include the 1099-B or brokerage statement for the one you did the summary for.  The IRS has everything it needs for the ones you fully entered.  When you print out the 8453, check to see if it has any of forms checked off and include those when you mail it.  

Mr-B
Level 3

Thanks. I don't see a check box for 1099-B in 8453. Which option should I select to attach 1099-B?
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You should also be sending Form 8949 Sales and Dispositions of Capital Assets along with Form 8453.  Check the box for Form 8949 and the additional documentation (summary statement and/or 1099B forms) are the supporting documents that you will also send to support Form 8949.
Mr-B
Level 3

Thank you!
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You are welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies