Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sent a copy of my tax return to an agent in the online drop down box in error, where does that copy go?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DulceL

I sent a copy of my tax return to an agent in the online drop down box in error, where does that copy go?

TurboTax agents receive a diagnostic copy if you give them the token number.  Keep in mind that diagnostic copies wipe out your personal information such as names, SSNs, addresses, etc.  Only numbers tied into calculations and numbers inputted are shown.  This is something the agent does with you over the phone if you are in need of figuring out specific errors. Since you clicked on that option in error and did not give the 6-digit token number to one of our agents over the phone, the copy of your return was not accessed and was not sent to anyone.  Without the token number, it is inaccessible.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DulceL

TurboTax agents receive a diagnostic copy if you give them the token number.  Keep in mind that diagnostic copies wipe out your personal information such as names, SSNs, addresses, etc.  Only numbers tied into calculations and numbers inputted are shown.  This is something the agent does with you over the phone if you are in need of figuring out specific errors. Since you clicked on that option in error and did not give the 6-digit token number to one of our agents over the phone, the copy of your return was not accessed and was not sent to anyone.  Without the token number, it is inaccessible.

OP is asking from TT Free. I thought Free did not include that service.

Lots of posters incorrectly indicate the wrong version.

Or they have the PLUS version which doesn't show up on this forum ... it really should ... HINT to TTdulce to pass on this improvement.

FYI ... you can do this in the FREE version.

Good suggestion!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies